Sunday, May 23, 2010

away

that is where we've been.
it has been over a month since we have spent 1 weekend at home, and reeAlly i am starting to feel the wear and tear. as is the blog.
i do apologize.

*sigh*...
where to begin?
we might be moving to st. george.
i hate to announce this publicly,because really nothing is for sure... and i know dustin as you are reading this are cringing.. but what can i say? it feels like i am cheating on the blogging world by leaving this monumental, albeit somewhat personal event out of the loop.
so yes, we just returned from yet another visit down to dixie, and although i am excited about the change.. i would be lying to say i wasn't scared.
how are we going to sell this house?
how am i going to leave behind my friends, family, AND the gregory's?
can i handle the heat? literally?
will robyn and bob truly like us being there?
will i miss a "big city", yummy restaurants, and shops?
will i have friends?
will it be home?

ugh... it sort of gives me a knot in my stomach. a good one.. but a knot non the less.
to be realistic (which i'm never really great at) nothing is official. tomorrow everything could change. life may just go on as is, and i will probably will feel silly for even mentioning this.
but i can't help it. this secret must be let out.
i need the encouragement, the well wishing, and written documentation for a few years down when this happy predicament most definitely will repeat itself.
*sigh*..
i just wish i could look into the future for just a second.
i've mentioned my anxiety before right??
tonight it's a doozy.
my oral surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning isn't helping any... but i still feel like the possible move is the main factor on this one.

anyway...
this blog is boring.
i am even so tired of seeing my europe post, i throw up just a little every time a click on by.
in a desperate need to update i am here with not much forethought.
therefore, you get this...
a post that is a tad rambly, and extremely unorganized.
what can you do?
here a few pics from the last couple of weeks.
perhaps we should just stay home 7 days straight, and life will feel more in control??

who knows...

the happy couple.
we were waiting to get into the ReAL soccer game, and started taking posed "blog" pictures.
we were supposed to be looking chic.
dusting apparently missed the memo.
:)
no.. we don't normally do this. i think after europe we were just used to whipping out the camera when all else failed.
i'm posting it because it's one of about 5 pictures we have of the two of us in the past 2 years.
we should be better about that.
plus, our hair matches exactly.
precious, really.

while in st.george i had the complete honor of accompanying gwynnie to her first-ever ear piercing.
it's kind of a big deal.
AND she looks fab-u-lash with her new bling.
i adore her.

dustin is infamous for over-doing the bubbles at bath time.
i know i am officially a mom when it much more annoys me rather than bring joy to find the girls so blissfully entertained.
they l.o.v.e it.
me says every night of it grows old,
real quick.
but they did look especially cute this particular evening.
i think it was nannie's tub.

more ear piercing pics.
they were both equally tickled to have matching studs.

just my mins, being her adorable minie self.
i'm thinking about growing her bangs out.
what do you think?
this day i braided them back to give it a whirl.
i can't decide which i like better.
bang or no bang???
you tell me.


cute girls, in cute naartjie.
poppy is darling.
minie.. well,
she's had better moments.


and that's all for now.
stay tuned, because this last week i also had the opportunity to take some amazings of two scrumptious little babes both near and dear to my heart.
they are delicious.
trust me.

xo,
brooke

13 comments:

kennan said...

i am boycotting the move. stop it. i have already cried 2x about it tonight. i will not be okay. really, couldn't you just stay on behalf of me. i would do it for you. remember when we didn't move to chicago? well, that was for you toots. how do i replace you? i have had you since i was 4. so stop it. minie will be forever mad at you for taking her away from jude and she will be scarred for life by not being able to ride in my car and listen to lady gaga. poppy needs greta and you KNOW that she needs me too.

there. i have said my peace. STOP IT.

kennan said...

oh and i how could i forget dustin. i need him to fulfill all my comedic needs. i know he loves me more than any other of your siblings so why take him away from me? REMEMBER that i am the one that put you two together on that fateful october evening in 2002?

kennan said...

if you leave i will be forced to become best friends with nae nae bang bang.

kennan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Brave girl to make such a post. I love the matching hair, vote for bangs, and can't believe you left out photos of Bear Lake. It's been too long since we have hung out. Four hours might be too far. That's all. XO

Darcie said...

Glad to see you back... been wondering where you've been.

4 things:

please dye poppy's hair too... i can't wait to see the whole family sporting the red.

keep minie's bangs... many a time i've considered cutting caroline some bangs just because of minie's.

i love love love dustin in that picture. i'll popping back in to look at that picture whenever i need a laugh.

and really, st. george? wow. i'm a little jealous.

Amanda Lewis said...

Your hair is seriously adorable! I love that color!!!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Okay stop freaking out. Kennan will be fine....even if she doesn't think so. It's my turn to have a little sister love in my life. *By the way Kenna....she has been in my life just as long and I was ALWAYS nice to her, you on the other hand....nuf said*
No question we would love to have you down here. I just need to not be 8+ months prego, so we can do more.
Minie should keep the bangs because they are amazing.
All will work it's self out, an adventure is always scary but really fun too.

Megan Marie said...

I totally saw you walking up the stairs at the real game... Wish I would have been closer! Obsessed w your adorable little ones!

Anonymous said...

I vote no bangs! I grew up with bangs and I can't stand myself without them ever! I wish my mom had raised me without them so I could go both ways but I am so stuck with bangs!

kennan said...

robyn... mind your own bee's wax. she's mine.

Bob said...

Well, I hate to make it (picture me making air quotes) "all about me," but, I am really concerned that if you move down here it would be hard for me. I mean, thats a big change. Think about it, you guys so close after we have been so far removed from family for so long...I mean I would have to start all over again on finding someone to deliver pianos, bikes, and whatever else comes up from the Wasatch Front. I just sayin, don't be selfish...

andrea said...

I will be your friend. In fact I will even be your best friend. If you move here I will give you all of Piper's clothes at the end of every season. And I will love your girls and let them listen to lady gaga in my car if they want. And maybe I will even get a swimming pool in my backyard. Deal?

Sorry Kennan. As much as I love you, we kind of need Brooke here.

PS...I vote to keep the bangs. I think they make the haircut.