Sunday, September 11, 2011

first day

IMG_0085
well finally...
school days have come!

minie's preschool doesn't start till about 1-2 weeks after
school begins for the rest of the functioning world and those couple of weeks are always
the final nail in the coffin.
do you appreciate how i have only experienced one semi-school year to date
yet i talk like a seasoned vet?
me too.

my name is brooke,
and i am more than happy to see my daughter leave for school.
some parents cry..
i silently cheer.
what does this depict of myself? probably if i wanted to do a little soul searching,
the results may not be in my favor.
but let's be honest.
school is a happy place in the jackson family.

and really, i can't be the only one to blame. minie lives for her school days.
i feel like it should be a good thing. i know one day the tables will turn,
so until then let's enjoy it... right?
maybe kindergarten will tug a little more..
it doesn't seem likely.

IMG_0074

but always and forever i love this mello- dramatic tootse
after all, she is quite cute.

here is to day 1...
RAH, RAH!!
and the beautiful 170 to come.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh how I love me some Brooke pep talk. Can I finish it out with an Amen!

Unknown said...

love that little cherub to the moon! XOXO

andrea said...

oh brooke. there are really no words. best first day outfit ever. ever, ever.

Eileen said...

Really Brooke, your daughters are so amazing. They have such darling outfits!

the holmans said...

I love Honesty, Truely Moms everywhere agree believe me, they do. Their is nothing wrong with a little Peace is there? It only gets sweeter. I had some advice from a friend who had older kids than I did, so I will pass it along. While they are in school it was her time, time to do lunch with friend work on projects shop, fill her cup! Then after school it was their time time with family time to run kids around homework schedules and so NO GUILT! life is about balance...

Anonymous said...

umm, Minie, can I borrow a few of your clothes?! Amazing. But, of course, I expected nothing less.

maggie said...

Brooke- don't mind that I stalk your blog? Um- are you still doing photography? I would love to have you take photos of my family again (If you 're up to it...it will probably we worse than the last time :))

maggie