Thursday, May 07, 2009

yard FOR sale?

town home living

it's  the pits
:(

no yard,
no swings,
 and slide to play with,
no pool.. 
nope... none, of that fun stuff. 
just a measly stretch of grass that more often than not, is covered in dog poop.
  and all of this.. well it just doesn't really fly with Miss Minie. 
i've mentioned her immense love for anything and everything disgusting briefly on here before, but let me just tell you folks, this adorable attribute has only amplified.
 her little red-headed soul yearns to dwell in the outer doors.

so, does anyone know...

is there a yard for sale?!?

i figured not...
so today we headed to the organized, splash-pad, play-set park of the world, that works just fine as my pseudo yard these days.

and alas,
fun was had


Popps Louise was tickled pink to be swinging..
and don't let that nonchalant look deter you..
{she loved it}

the girls were a little hesitant about the glacial run off water we were urging them to bathe in



and this gem of a nephew was just that.
a gem.
a lovely posing gem.

hey  J U D E 
i love you

and here we have photo documentation of Minie catching the swine flu.
 
my deepest apologies in advance.

if the drinking of fountain water didn't infect her then,
the lapping up of spilt diet coke from the repugnant playground cement floor most surely sealed the deal.

it is official.

she does remarkably disgusting things...

this one, of course is perfect. 
but she still  has time... 

and this is what i get 85% of the day.

and i love her to the moon.


.happy park day.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ohh what park were you at? That looks like fun! What cute little girls you have.

trevan said...

i know a GREAT yard that's for sale, i'll give you a great deal!

Amy said...

Sadly our park days are already over!! It is already blazing hot and I have 5 more weeks until swimming is an option.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute. I think that I need you to just follow me around and take pictures of Jax so that I get a few photos that are good quality.

kennan said...

minie is the definition of all things disgusting and amazing. my love for her grows with each passing outing we have together. liberty park or bust.

see you next week in my carport and splash pool. great.

Wade and Cami White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wade and Cami White said...

Oh Brooke where do you get the time. I admire your work as a photographer, Daughter, Sister, Aunt & and a great friend but last but not least your ability to be an amazing mother! Shout out to you my friend Brooke! Love you my dearest. I totally agree with Kennan's quote about minie so true. Your so patient and let her be her. I on the other hand freak over the stupidest things, poor Bo. that's all I can say. Like I said I admire you so much as a mother. Happy Mother's day too you a little early. :)

Leslie said...

I have to publicly admire Minie's pout in that last picture. That's pretty hilarious.

Unknown said...

mine is for sale- Swing set and all if you want it!:) Actually, I am REALLY sad to leave my house for that VERY reason! I LOVE sending my kids out to play!
could those pictures get any cuter if they tried? i think not.

Pam said...

What a perfect day for the Grandma of all those amazing children! The last shot of Minie is just a small glimpse into her bigger than life personality! Nice documentation, Brookie. XOXO

tiff and chris johnson said...

HGAHA!! It is rare that I laugh out loud on blogworld.com but today, i guffawed. Thank you for the swine flu documentation. i love you brooke. You are hilarious. And what is this a naartjie ad? Just stop with all the cute clothing and babies. I'm jealous. heart you. xoxo