Wednesday, October 07, 2009

4 years of being mr + mrs. jackson


does that seem right? i swear it really, truly was just yesterday when we looked at each other and said yes. when i called to tell you i was running a little late, and you knew (even then..) that meant a lot late. the day we cried as we sat and were married and sealed for time and all eternity. the day all those silly photos were taken, the loooong, long luncheon and reception, the anxious and exciting drive up to park city afterwards.. the roses, the candles, the new husband and wife, both needing a benadryl due to the immense allergy attack we received after lavender was tossed (read: thrown..and hard) at our heads as we departed.
the gorgeous time we had in maui.
i loved you then,
and couldn't wait to start our already wonderful life together.


4 years doesn't sound like much.
and really it's not.

but it is.
so so much.
the pregnancies,
the losses,
the children,
the silliness,
the stress,
the fear,
the hope,
the comfort,
the endurance,
and the support.
somehow 4 seems much, much more.
and that boy i married those years ago?

he is gone.
you definitely won't find him here.

because a new man has taken his place by me.
always.
a man who knows me at my worse
and loves me at my worse.
a man who knows i must snack before bed, usually in bed. and is okay with it.
a man who doesn't feel threatened to watch my shows, and help out with my chores.
a man who is so adored by all the females in his home.
this man.
he is amazing.

and together, he and i,
we grow and we learn.

i love you.
daddy of my children,
calmer of my fears,
protector of our family.

i am giddy at the thought of what is to come.


because if we could do all of this in just 4 short years??
oh, babe...
eternity looks pretty darn good.

i love you.
happy anniversary.

16 comments:

mary plus vince said...

sweetest.
post.
EVER.

happy anniversary! these pictures are gorgeous!

jayni & ben said...

you are the cutest thing alive!!!

Jobi Niu said...

That was the cutest freakin post EVER!! I like got choked up and I don't even know you're husband.. ha ha pregnancy makes ya so emotional.. GEEEEeZ! CUTE PICS. My goodness. Happy Anniversary

amandanbo said...

happy anniversary to ya'll! 4 years goes by in a flash, doesn't it?! love all the wonderful pics to go along with such a beautiful post!
~amanda

kennan said...

sexual innuendo's included?

i'm looking across the room at you 2 and i couldn't be happier that you 2 are my 2. happy anniversary.

Julie said...

So sweet--its poetic. I love all the pictures. Whose taking them when you're in them? Happy Anniversary!

Pam said...

Even your dear old mother is teary reading this. Love you both immensely and adore what you produce! Happy, happy anniversary! XO

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I love you both. Dustin has truly turned into an AMAZING man. You make a wonderful team. We had so much fun with you in Jackson....RV's next summer?

p.s. I like your pictures:)

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

You my dear sister were always amazing! I just never knew Dustin would be such an adoring, doting father.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful,keep forever kind of post! Lane and I just celebrated 24 years! It just gets better and better...I never knew I could know so much love!
Happy Anniversary!

Eileen said...

What a beautiful, sweet post. Amazing pictures.
Happy Anniversary!!!

Tiffany said...

I love the pictures - Gorgeous. Congrats on your anniversary!

Stacey Sargent said...

love this post! these pictures are gorgeous!

Nate and Paige said...

happy anniversaire!! I too, got a little choked up... and you did marry a great guy. I kept saying to mom in Jackson "why do his girls love him so much" but it's obvious why. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!! 4 years is pretty long. And you have two beautiful girls to show for it!

andrea said...

I didn't realize that you got married right after I had Piper. Such a fun time of year to get married. Happy anniversary.

And now that that's out of the way...I just want to know how you are so incredibly perfect? It's a little uncomfortable if I'm being honest. You are so beautiful and articulate and talented. Sigh. It hurts my heart, LOL. The pictures are gorgeous. Robyn did a fantastic job. And I'm not going to lie...I am pretty fond of Dustin myself.