Sunday, October 11, 2009

away, away


isn't coming home from vacation the worst?
all the laundry, the messy house, the de-scheduled (yes.. that's a word  )children, the depression because the fun is all over.
 i hate it, and so far have done pretty good at ignoring it all.
but tomorrow is monday, and that day almost always seems to be a nice slap of reality.
poop.
i hate it.

last week wrapped up our favorite get-away. 
jackson hole.

between the chilly weather,
comfy sweats, conference talks, yummy treats, crafts, card games,
read-a thons,  and sister laughing..
well, i  admit to down right missing last week.
jackson's weather is still tuned into my phone and i have a pang of sadness every time i scroll through it.
i'm not ready for the cold here quite yet...
but snow in jackson?
 well that is a different story entirely.

*sigh*
are you depressed yet with me??
good :)


here is the week in pictures.. not in order, some with the nice camera, some with the snap and shoot,
ALL making me feel a little blue..













AND...
some of you asked who took the pictures on the last post...
that would be my very talented sister Robyn
she did a fantastic job.. didn't she?
i love them..

i hope she loves the ones i snapped of her family too.
forget the fact that it was below freezing with the biting wyoming wind in that field..
because her family still manages to look beautiful.


Lamoreaux's...
we love you.

and yes,
she, my sister is gorgeous.
and yes,
you can be jealous.

i am.



Jacskon Hole...

i miss you.

until next year.
xoxo

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Brooke...I just adore your little 'ole blog here!! So sweet, so full of fab pics and witty commentary...and so real. I love how you don't try to sugarcoat it...it is what it is and that is just the way it is, ya know?

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time away. I am loving that second picture down...the post processing really grabs me! :) And you, my dear, are every bit as beautiful as your sis...you are both gorgeous!

Happy Monday getting back in the swing of things! That was me last Monday after a trip to CA and I was a total grump! So much to do, so little time...and none of it nearly as fun as editing pics and catching up on blogs!!

Stephanie said...

I almost got Claire that very same red coat that Minie is wearing. SO freaking cute. I didn't get it, though. It wasn't in our budget, but there's definitely another jacket I want to get her that's equally as cute but more for winter than fall. I love fall/winter clothes on kids, they're so dang cute.

Nate and Paige said...

Booo I started my mourning the day before we went home. It never is long enough and I miss you to much when I'm away. Boo
ps will you email me the pics you took for me so I can update?

Pam said...

GORGEOUS photos...and I feel your pain. Is it too early to plan our next trip to Jackson Hole???

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Missing Jackson as well....Missing sister time and mom time. I agree it is so hard to get back into the swing of things after a trip.
Love our photo's, It still say they woulde be a lot cuter if I was 40lbs lighter, but what can you do? I know..... stop the eating. Thanks for the pics dear sister! Love you and miss you.