Saturday, February 06, 2010

the poppy walk


that's right.
we are now a household full of walkers.
it feels nice.. and just the tiniest bit sad.
i've found this to be the case with almost every milestone i reach with my children. i've been dying for poppy to walk for months now. she has been on the brink of it since November and finally last week she just stood up and took off. as that darling little smoosh plunkered off with out me, my heart broke just a little. just like that she is a toddler.. not a baby any more. and that is sad. isn't it?
however,that waddling little diaper bum sure is scrumptious. i missed out on minie's first steps. she literally started walking the day poppy was born. i watched a few wobbly steps from my hospital bed.. and then all of the sudden fast forward 3 weeks after i was done with narcotics, my mom's help, and some intense sleep deprivation i actually woke up and had this little toddling big girl. and as silly as it sounds i felt horrified i wasn't really a part of that gigantic transition in her short life.
needless to say i am thoroughly enjoying my littlest lady's new talent. she and minie all of the sudden play together. minie loves to chase her around and around the couch, and poppy loves to be chased. they are quite the pair those girls..
*sigh*...
i just love my family.

have you read about bronson ?
kennan found his tragic story through a friend's blog, and had asked, as i do too to round up any and all prayers for this little man.
i can't explain it.. but the whole story has really affected me. i check for updates several times a day, and almost always have him and his family in my mind.
perhaps it is because he is poppy's exact age.. and his older brother is minie's exact age.
perhaps it's because i know this could very well happen to me.
too many times i have slipped out of the bathroom while the girls were bathing to attend to something or other "real quick".

i don't know... but i really just want him to be okay. it gives me hope as a parent, for some reason i can't really pin point.
all i know is that my girls have been given many extra squeezes, loves, and a much more attentive mother. we are so blessed to have healthy children. i literally cannot fathom my life without either one of them. they are the reason i exist.
just give your babies all the loves you can muster.

being a parent is incredible.
i love watching my babies grow.
i love the looks on their faces when the discover something new.
a lot of the time the job is really hard..
but more often it is just really, really, REALLY wonderful.

sometimes that fact gets lost..
but tonight it is all that is on my mind.
and i will try all i can to make it stay.

xo,
brooke


14 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I can't believe it! I know she is old enough but she is everyone's baby. All my kids came running to the computer when I told them she was walking. We sure love that baby girl. Can't wait to see her walking.

Darcie said...

Thanks for the link to Bronson's story... I just read the entire thing and I'm overcome. I'm posting it to my blog as well and will send my prayers to him!

Congrats to Poppy walker. :)

Unknown said...

my eyes hurt from sobbing over bronson's story...
eh...
stories like this ruin me for months... and the sad thing is what this poor poor family is going through!

yeah for poppy!!

Pam said...

Proud as peaches for Poppy. And truly it is even cuter in person! Smooshy girl!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kennan said...

tell pop tart to not leave greta too far behind.

Alice said...

Oh, The Pop! She is growing up fast! Seems like yesterday you threw Minie and Duke in the Altview parking lot and limped into the hospital. Time flys by!Love this posting!
Alice

Anonymous said...

Poppy!!!!! Holla!! Congrats. You are going to have your hands full this summer at the splash park my dear. And oh my GOSH!! Poor little Bronson. I read that blog and was horrified. I will now NEVER leave my kids in the tub...something I have been guilty of.

Stacey Sargent said...

That is so crazy that we both wrote it at pretty much the same time. That poor family. It breaks my heart. I love that little Poppy so much. She couldn't be cuter!

Nate and Paige said...

Go poppy go!!!!

Leslie said...

Poppy is a cute little walker. Graduating to walking is bittersweet, indeed.

farmgirl said...

Oh, Hi!!!! Just gonna break out the ol' Blondie recipe...I hear you gonna be comin' down. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello friends
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON

Darcie said...

Brooke, just met your mom yesterday... thanks to the blogosphere I recognized her right away! She is a sweet lady, just like you always said.

Um... could you please update? You really don't know how much I depend on your and Kennan's blogs for my pleasure reading.