Sunday, February 28, 2010

you are seeing right..


yep.
those are acrylic press-on nails my 2 year old is sporting.
i realize how creepy it feels to look at that baby hand with sparkled white-tips.
but what can i say?
sometimes her requests are just too darn silly to not submit too.

we get grocery store treats.
every. time. we go.
if anyone out there has figured a better way than bribing to make it through those delectable outings.. please let me in on the secret.

SO,
as you might have guessed our last trip produced these little beauties.
mins found them all on her own and insisted they be hers.

she's crazy, and 120% girl.
a bag of any type turns into her purse,
make-up (chapstick) must always be in said purse,
princesses and barbies are found in everything and anywhere,
if it's sparkly, tacky, and pink she loves and adores it,
and should a bow should fall out? well that's ground for tears.
*sigh*...

when talking nature vs. nurture i used to ride much
more on the nurture side of the argument...

having kids has maybe changed my tune.
because i definitely know acrylic nails and hannah montana were not on the docket for my child rearing ambitions.

it's a good thing dustin likes girls...
in this house there is more than enough to go around.





my dear baby minie,
xoxo sweet lady girl
i love you forever and ever.

-mama


10 comments:

Pam said...

OMG...is it a little weird that they look kind of natural on her? You go, Minie Girl! Bring it!! XOXO

kennan said...

alice jr.

i need to get hom..e to smoosh her

stacey Sargent said...

I love this! she is such a little girly girl it is hilarious! how could you say no to press on nails?

Alice said...

Bonjour from France! I LOVE THIS!
I miss seeing the girls and wait until you see what Brama has bought for Miss Minie and her sister Poppy and we are yet to even dawn Paris yet!

Bonjour,
G Mitt and G Ali

andrea said...

this is perhaps the grestest thing I have ever seen. She is my favorite. I love her.

Eileen said...

There are no words ~ just too darling!

Laura Muir said...

Love the pics Brooke! So So funny! Minie is so darling! Hope you are doing great!
xoxo
Laura

Rebecca said...

I think her and Andelyn are the same person. They would have fun together fighting over their make-up. I love the nails I am laughing.

Laura Stringham said...

i'm going to contradict everyone and say that that's just creepy. leslie was so inconsiderate as to buy jane press on nails for christmas last year and it was gross. they looked weird and then came off randomly, so i was picking press on nails off the couch and the beds for days. creepy.

on the other hand, it's adorable how much she loves them.

Ashley said...

I just love how she is so careful as to not break a nail. You guys are in for it!