Friday, December 21, 2007

Sick Baby


My poor little baby.
She has caught something nasty, and it literally makes me hurt to see her like this. Wednesday she would hardly eat a thing, and by Wednesday night she was a completely different baby than we know. She cried, fussed, and fought any means of comfort we tried to give her. Her fever was about 101 and by Thursday morning it was up to 102. We took her to the doctor yesterday afternoon and all he could see was a red, red throat. He thinks it's only a nasty viral infection, which means we just have to wait out the storm. I hate it. Her fever is hanging around 101, and she is just not feeling well in the least. She woke up several different times in the night, moaning and whimpering, half asleep. When I got her up this morning, she was crying and didn't stop for almost 15 minutes afterwards... It breaks my heart to see her like this. She is my smiley happy girl... and all I have to ask is why? There is nothing more pitiful or heart wrenching than to see a baby helpless and sick.. especially when its your baby!
Anyway I just snapped this shot of her when I put her down for her nap this morning... doesn't she look sick even sleeping..
Poor Minsie... go away sick!
Let's hope she's better by Christmas..
Sad girl :(

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm sorry! It makes you wish you could just suck the sickness out of her and have it yourself (ever seen The Green Mile? Excellent movie). I hope she gets better soon!

Kami Satterlee said...

Put Vicks vapor rub on the bottoms of her feet, I promise it works! but i'm crazy like that. Anywho, I'm sad for minie:*( She is the only reason I check my blog;) Merry Christmas Friend Call me!

Pam said...

Poor baby girl!! Bring back that happy smiley bundle that brings a smile to all our faces. XOXOXO