Thursday, April 03, 2008

Greta Update

I know this is really Kennan and Trevan's place to update, but they are kind of going through a lot right now, and I thought I should just give a small update.
............After about 10 hours into Kennan's induction (she was trying for a VBAC) they decided to take Greta via semi-emergency c-section. Baby wasn't dropping at all, Kennan was barely to 5cm dialted and really was not much more effaced than when she arrived. Also poor little Greta's heart rate was giving us all a bit of a scare. We are all SOOO glad they decided to do the section when they did. Greta came out with the cord wrapped around her neck twice, both arms, then again around her torso twice, and finally one final loop around her thigh. She would NEVER have been able to deliver vaginally. Greta also did not breath on her own for nearly 5 minutes, and really has not quite recoverd. She is currently in the stage 2 nursery on the lowest level of oxygen, and they are not sure when she will be off. Kennan and Trevan are the only ones who have held her at this point, and even then I think it was never more than about 5 minutes. So far they think she is going to be just fine, but are worried for good reason. They are almost positive she will stay on the IV and oxygen at least till Saturday, and then will take it from there.
Please pray for this darling little baby girl, Kennan, Trevan, and Jude.... This little family needs it at this point!

5 comments:

PJ and Julie said...

Brooke, I am so glad that you've posted pictures and updates! I have been dying to know how mom and baby are doing. She's a doll!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Hey Brooke. Let Kennan know that I am thinking about them and know how scary things can be. I love love all the pics you've been doing. When I get my little Dylan home from the hospital eventually I want you to do his pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! She's here I am so glad. She is so adorable.

Unknown said...

DO NOT CLICK ON THE SECURITY CENTER!!!!! IT IS A VIRUS - I FOUND THAT OUT LAST WEEK!:)

Rebecca said...

brooke I knew I could count on you. I have been neein to see little Greta and me and my kids all had the stomache flu so couldn't go to the hospital I was sad. I was so worried about her. I am so glad they are both doing good. You are a good little aunt and I need you to take some pictures. You are good I love all your pictures of Minie she is beautiful.