Wednesday, June 17, 2009

reason # 587 i love having girls

you get to sew them darling little froo froos such as these..

i had to blog this..
just had to.

you see, brooke doesn't craft,
and brooke definitely doesn't sew.
 i kid not when i tell you that one week ago i didn't even know how to sew on a button. 
in fact, i'm pretty sure Mrs. Jensen gave me a major (yes, major) D+ in the 7th grade for my immense lack of skill in her sewing class.

WELL....
in the past 2 weeks i have 
purchased a sewing machine, 
made about 2 billion trips to the fabric store, 
have used the word "notions" in more than 10 sentences,
and have produced 5 darling (if i do say so myself) outfits.

so,
how do you like them apples mrs. jensen?
look at me now.


needless to say i'm addicted. 
this whole sewing business is actually fun, and i love seeing my girls in clothes that i actually made. 
it's weird, 
yet oh so satisfying.

and on another note...

can you handle her??

love you girls..

to the moon.

11 comments:

Bethany said...

Brooke!!! These are AMAZING!! You seriously only just learned how to sew like a week ago? Are you kidding me?! LOVE! That green dress that Minie is wearing is my fave...I am big into green these days! But they are ALL perfection! You go girl!

I tried SO, SO hard to learn to sew, but it just is NOT my thing. At all. I wish it were when I see all of the cuteness I could create, but it just simply is not! I am trying to be okay with that...I mean, we all have our strengths, right?!

I hope you continue to love it! And be sure to share your creations!

Happy Wednesday!

Amy said...

Brooke! Super cute. Super impressed. And now heading to my local fabric store!

Nate and Paige said...

umm i don't believe you. The brooke i know can't sew a straight line. Those look way to fab

Pam said...

So darling...couldn't be prouder of your creations. You have become multi-faceted in your talents! And I am totally smitten with Poppy Lou...XOXOXO

Leslie said...

Very cute dresses. As much as I love my boys, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on all the girlie, fun stuff. If have a girl someday, she will probably be overwhelmed by my long-repressed girliness.

Anonymous said...

First off, my mom told me about these outfits the other day, and I wondered if since they are so cute Jax and Ben could pull one off...just thinking. But, her excitement was deserved because they are adorable.

And, that last picture of Minie loving Poppy....WOW! Cutest thing I have ever seen. That gives me hope that my little boys will love each other and I should stop crying feeling like Jax is going to feel abandoned.

And last thing, Mrs. Jensen needs to be fired. She didn't teach me the slightest thing either, and I can NOW finally thread the dang bobbin!!

Anonymous said...

is it just me or does minie look different???? i guess im just used to the little red haired girl who used to ask me to hold her. haha. not like she still doesnt. i just feel like shes growing. ALOT. i guess u know wht im talking about cuz ur the mom haha. anyways. miss u guys. ALOT!!! haha

love- Miri

Amber said...

So darling!!! Love your fabric Brooke! Way to go!

Debbie said...

Brooke....are you related to Alice????? Wow, a member of her family sews???? I am very very impressed. My advice to you is to keep it up!! It is so satisfying. You may have some Schaar blood in you yet. Very cute!

The Sieverts said...

Does Alice know about this? I'm so impressed! You are in the "club" now! Darling dresses for darling girls. I'll have you know the new names for Halle's babies that she constantly takes everywhere are Poppy and Minnie. She won't stop asking if they can come over! or when she gets to see them again.

Linda said...

You know the big "Q" is next....Quilting and petting oh so darling fabric for the oh so darling quilts you will soon be designing and piecing together. Welcome to the sewing group!!