Thursday, November 12, 2009

celebrating our poppy love

i'm still a little shocked she's one.
we had her one year well child check today
and i promise you
it was just last week she was a tiny newborn going in for bilirubin tests.
*sigh*...
on the up side of things she comes in perfectly average for all her measurements, and is a glowing, healthy, smooshy, busy busy 1 year old.
she's our right kind of perfect.

we enjoy her. i mean, really enjoy her.
if you can believe it i think deep down we are grasping at any babyhood that might be left in our small house,
and happily she is there to oblige all our needs.
sissy lou.. we love you.

i love throwing big birthday bashes. i just do.
they are lots of work, and yes i do realize the girls will probably never remember them.
but i like it.. and at the moment they seem to as well.

so.. yes. i'm done explaining myself to you all.

these pictures have no rhyme or reason. just my girl at her first birthday party...
presents,
singing,
food,
bouncing,
and
balloons..
oh my.




the prized gift.
conveniently minie has also acquired a whole new slew of toys.
it scares me a tad that at 1 and 2 they already scream {loudly} and scratch each other over who gets what when.






happy birthday poppy..
all over again.


xoxo my tiny stink

5 comments:

Julie said...

That kid's blue eyes are killer.

Pam said...

What a grand celebration and what a GRAND little cherub she is. Love her beyond words! XOXOXOXO

Leslie said...

You throw much better parties than I do. Our parties usually involve pizza, Costco cake and not much else. And Poppy does have amazing blue eyes. I would love a blue eyed child, but I'm pretty sure Cam and I don't have the genes to pull it off.

mary plus vince said...

these pictures are oh-so adorable!! happy birthday to your sweet baby girl!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Poppy! Love the party decor & details. What I want to know is where is her big ol' extravagant cake like Minie's? hehe!

She is an absolute doll! I need to come squeeze her!