Thursday, November 26, 2009

grateful




this year i give thanks to much..

here are just a few in no particular order.

{my husband}
he is my best friend. i feel so grateful that i love his company above all. he is silly, and caring, and attentive and works so hard to provide everything for us.

{minie}
of course i am grateful for her.
she is my first born, my guide into motherhood. she pushes my buttons more than any other human being to date. but i adore her. i love that she is willing to try anything. she is quick to learn, and quick to please. i am so thankful for her laugh, and her silly games. as mad as i can be she always makes me smile... hearing "soowwy mama" from her lips is nothing short of perfect. she makes everything exciting in our lives, and my heart cannot hold the amount of love i have for her.

{poppy}
she is my sweet spot. i cannot think of her without feeling that familiar pang in my heart. she loves to be loved. she will melt in your arms... and she loves me. she always wants me. she's unhappy when i leave a room, and cries if i happen to walk past without picking her up. she is loud, and silly, and so independent. but she knows what she wants and she goes for it. i am so grateful for her coy little grin, and her sweet baby noises. she is what made us a family for real. my dark haired cherub. i will never go a day without thanking the Lord for giving you to me.

{my parents}
i am so grateful for the home they always provide. there are six of us.. yet i know we all feel individually loved and secure. no matter what, i always know where i've come from. my parents, whether sick or well, rich or poor. they are always there. their love is constant and reassuring. and in my lowest moments i know they are there. i know they will love me. and because of that, i know i will be okay.
i am grateful for them. grateful for their never ending service. and grateful for their example.

{seasons}
i may complain, but i love our state.
i love the changing of the seasons. i often try to pin-point my favorite but as soon as i decide upon one, the sticky summer air grows a chill, the leaves begin to change, and the whole process starts itself over again. i will never grow old of seeing the world around me change. every season i enjoy more. every season my children grow more, i fall a bit more in love more with my husband, or i make it through that incredibly difficult time... worn down, but just a little bit stronger. i can map my life through the seasons.. and every time a new one arrives i can't help the excitement of what it may hold.

{the gospel}
i am grateful for my Lord, Jesus Christ.
i have never questioned His existence. i feel His love... His sacrifice.. always. i know He is my redeemer. i know that through Him, anything is possible.
i know this.
and i am grateful.
i am thankful everyday for the opportunity i have to live with my family, with Him again.

{food}
i love to eat.
bottom line.
i am so grateful for food.
i love the smells. i love the way it looks. i like to cook it, i like to watch it being cooked,
and i looove. to. eat. it.
my perfect date is centered around a scrumptious full course meal, that took a good amount of time to ingest. couple that with my hubby right along side me.. well...
let's just say it happens enough for me to feel VERY blessed.
:)


{my sisters}
they are my best friends.
i talk to at least one of them everyday, and most normally all of them.
i am grateful for my unique relationship with each of them. i love when we get together and just laugh. i love that we know each other so well, that we can finish each others sentences. we know each others faults, and we accept them.. we laugh at them.. we love them.
i love being a mother with them. we are in the trenches together, and i couldn't do it without them.

{tv}
yes. i love tv.
i am grateful for it.
i am grateful for it's company on those late nights i can't sleep.
grateful for the quick moment it allows me to shower each day by entertaining my children.
that hour each night before bed... i love it. it is one thing i can count on to help me unwind, forget, and escape for a moment.

what can i do?
just accept it i guess.

{my camera}
i love my camera. through it i have seen so much.
it has forced me to stop in those silly moments and hold them still forever.
i love looking at the photos it produces. so many of the times i don't even realize i am capturing what i have. i love that it allows me to see the people i love in a different way. it documents my feelings so much better than i could ever dream of explaining.
it has given me confidence... made me feel like i can make a difference. has given me a way to feel like i contribute. it gives me a creative release. it has helped me be strong when i couldn't... when families hearts are broken, it has helped me to give them something they won't ever be able to replace.


i have so much to be thankful for...
my cup runneth over.


i hope your day is a happy one,
and that you all get that lovely turkey day nap.
:)

happy thanksgiving

5 comments:

Pam said...

So sweet...grateful reflection is hard to outdo. And I am so grateful for you....XOXO

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucky to be the mom said...

Beautifully written Brooke. You have a gift of putting thoughts on paper...I do not, thus I envy you a little :)

Anonymous said...

Not grateful for the in-laws-huh?

brooke c jackson said...

always grateful for the in-laws,
alice dear!