Wednesday, February 23, 2011

first born and an iphone

sometimes i forget she is my first baby.
the little heartbeat i was so happy and relieved to hear.
the tiny newborn i was made to love.
the little pink cherub that never gave me a lick of trouble.
those leg rolls... the baby coos,
and her messy mouth.
it's easy to forget.
sometimes all i see is the attitude,
and the never ending questions,
and the big sister.
sometimes i only see the little-big girl she has become.

photo(9)

but then i catch a moment like this.
and it all comes flooding back.

and my heart literally hurts for all the good, and the bad,
and the wonderful she was, is, and will be.


photo(7)

my little moo...
i adore you.

7 comments:

Jenna Eve said...

This is so sweet and really hits home with me. You are a fantastic writer, keep blogging!

kennan said...

stop going to bear like so i can enjoy my weekends with you and you kiddles.

i love miss moo.

Pam said...

She will for ever be our red headed "baby girl". And don't worry....I won't lock her our! XOXO

Pam said...

P.S. She and Gus were made for each other!

Lucky to be the mom said...

Isn't being a mom the greatest (and perhaps the hardest...) thing ever?!!?! Your littles are adorable :) My girls read your (you Williams girls) blogs and love them!

andrea said...

edible.

georgeandmarie said...

You are such a wonderful mom Brooke...those girls are so lucky to have you!!