Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tagged... About my Hubby/Us

What is his name? Dustin Wayne Jackson
How long have we been together? About 3 Years... but I've known him more like 6.
How long did we date? Oh goodness...only 3 months before we were engaged, and then 3 more months till we were married. It was quick...
How old is he? 27

Who eats more? This really is a toss up.. we both love to eat, but I think if it were to really come down to it, I take the cake.. literally.
Who said I love you first? Him.. on like our second date. I was a little frightened to say the least, and asked him if he could please not do it again.... it was a little too forward, even for me. He then preceeded to tell me on our next date that he was sure that his next girlfriend was going to be his last, and that he was sure he would marry her... And you people wonder why I never wanted to claim him as my official boyfriend!

Who is taller? Him.. but he's not very tall.. maybe 5'9. I'm just short.
Who can sing better? Uh... does this even need to be addressed. Just think karaoke night on the cruise.. ME!
Who is smarter? I'd like to say me.. he's like to say him, but we all know the latter just isn't so. He is a lot smarter in math though.. however, that's not saying much considering my comprehension level of anything mathmatical.
Who does the laundry? This depends on what "doing" the laundry entails. I will actually do that act of putting it in the wash, as well as the folding, but I HATE putting it away. So, probably mostly Dust.. he also only has 5 pair of garments he likes to wear so he does it more often.
Who pays the bills? *SIGH*... Dustin. He never lets me forget.... But really he's pretty good about not making me feel too guilty about all the money I spend. Nice Hubby...
Who sleeps on the right side? Dustin... Both out parents slept this way, and I just feel like it was never a question about who's side was who's. Just felt natural!
Who mows the lawn? Umm... HOA. Love living in a town home community!
Who cooks dinner? Me, but Dustin can make a mean cobb salad & sante fe mac'n cheese.
Who drives? Dustin, hands down. I HATE driving, and really am not too great at it. I single handly wore out the clutch on our suburu in a matter of about 6 months. Yeah.. we tend to not let me behind the wheel if we can help it.
Who kissed who first? I kissed Dustin. He hadn't kissed a girl in almost 2 years, and was really nervous about the whole thing. I also was adamant that he steer clear of that because I just wanted to "be friends". He was so sweet to me, and clearly wanted to be more so I decided I would consider. He drove down to my parents one night and as soon as I opened the door to let him in, I layed a juicy one on him. I still don't think I have ever seen a happier face... he lubbed me.
Who is more stubborn? Another toss up.. we really just take turns. I'm pretty dang stubborn, but no one can pout like Dustin. Really... it's so hard to say.

Who asked who out first? Well.. this is a tough one. I had been going "out" with Dustin for years as his default date while tagging along with Kennan and Trev. I was even his birthday present one year. How nice, huh? K & T brought me for him to pay for. Anyway, our first official date that begun our real coutship, I think I asked him. He was helping Kennan and Trevan move, and pulled up in his brand new BMW. I had just broken up with a very serious boyfriend, and while being on the rebound thought " He always treats me nice... and that car is reeaaalllly nice." So after being with him all day, I just asked " Hey, when are you going to take me out in your new car?". He said to me "You want to go out? How about tonight?". The rest in history....
Who propsed? He did... There is no way in HE&% it would ever be the other way around. Who has more friends? Me. He used to, but now that we are married the roles have changed. He hates it.

Who is more sensitive? Um... once again I have to bring up Dustin's infameous pouting. Definately him.

Who has more siblings? Me.. he only has one brother. I have 3 sisters, and 2 brothers. Another reason I believe he thinks it's okay to still pout...

Who wears the pants? We trade off.... a lot of it hinges on me gestating or not. So I suppose with my current track record that would make me be the rightful owner of the pants, but I share.... I really wish that weren't the case.

Now I tag, Michelle, Amy, Stacey, Kami, Darcie, Leslie & Laura





7 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

Are you referring to me? Is this the toll that must be paid to spy on your lives? :)

Stacey Sargent said...

I do remember very well your driving. you scared the shish out of me lots of times...hahah but they are some of my funniest memories.

Jana said...

Brooke, I love your blog! Minie is so darling... last time I saw you you were about to pop and now you have a 7 month old - love her!

Pam said...

Oh Dustbin!! You two are soooo cute!

Valerie said...

Hello, Syndrome!

Tag, you're it. See my blog.

Darcie said...

Wow! How fun to see my very own name on one of favorite blogs! And my oh my, between this post and Kennan's cruise post, I've seen more of Dustin than I ever, ever hoped to (and my condolences on your bikini bottoms; I'm sure they were never the same again.).

Alis said...

I just wanted to leave a comment and tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog!

Your daughter is the cutest little thing!

Happy blogging:)