Monday, May 05, 2008

Woman of the cloth

Well we made the transition.. And for all you critics out there, I LOVE it.
Seriosously cloth diapering really, truly, honestly is not a big deal. The only difference between disposable and cloth is I have to run a load of wash every day.
These new cloth diapers are soo easy, and come on, soo adorable!
.

Look at that thigh... how can it even be that chubby?





I would recommend switching from disposable to cloth to anyone.


Sure, initially it can get a little pricey (I paid about $100 for 6 diapers). However, paying the price for the nicer All In One diapers makes a huge difference (really it's just like a disposable. No rinsing, soaking, or scraping needed at all.. just plop the poop in the toilet and throw it in the diaper pail for washing) and I really can get by with the 6 diapers in a day. We still use the occasionally disposable, usually over night because they absorb more/longer, but mostly Mins is all cloth. We've been doing it for about 5 days now, and I really don't see us stopping. My goal is to buy a couple more every few weeks, and hopefully gain a big enough supply that my wash turns to every few days, rather than every day.


Hurray for cloth!!




*Just in case you are wondering, the diaper she is wearing is a "Happy Heiny" pocket diaper and can befound at http://www.happyheinys.com/. I have 3 Happy Heiny pocket diapers, and 3 All In One diapers for bumGenius (http://www.bumgenius.com/).



12 comments:

kennan said...

i don't believe dustin let you put pictures of him and his diaper on your blog!!

stace said...

cloth diapers?? you are crazy!!

Linda B. said...

great pics. You should enter one of them into our diaper of the month contest. You could win $50 is HH products and your picture could be used in one of our ads :) Your dd is just so absolutely cute in these pictures.
Thanks
Linda Byerline CEO
www.happyheinys.com
linda@happyheinys.com

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you girl!

Laura Stringham said...

Minie totally makes those diapers look great. Good for you!

Emily Redd said...

Brooke, good job for converting to cloth! I am seriously so dang proud of you! I have also been working hard at making some changes...I started using my own grocery sacks at the store and I love it! I have been so surprised at how much fits in the bag and plus it gives me the chance to get on my poster box about how bad plastic is for the environment to everyone around me in line. Plus, they give me a discount on my groceries...i love it! Plus, we now drive a natural gas car and we SAVE soooo much in gas it's insane! I do need to be better at recycling though. Way to go with the diaper thing though...when I think about how many diapers I have gone thru with the twins it makes me sick and I wish I would have gone cloth!

Valerie said...

I love it!! Way to go! So do they hold up pretty well then? No leaks yet? I'm not the greatest at changing diapers when they should be changed. I tend to wait until they are really soaked. I just might have to try them for my next one. I swear I do a load of laundry every day anyway.

Anonymous said...

Oh Brookie D, you are a brave woman. They are MUCH cuter than the disposable. Honestly, who needs to buy baby clothes when the diaper is that cute!! Okay and bologona...I just can't stop thinking about that! haha

Unknown said...

they are adorable! Good for you girl! I think those are some of my favorite pictures of her!

Leslie said...

Minie looks cute enough that I would almost be willing to try out the cloth on Ben. Almost. Maybe on the next one.

Stephanie said...

Brooke, she is so stinkin cute!! I that is awesome you have converted to cloth. Lets get together soon!

kennan said...

sigh.... would you come home already?