Sunday, March 28, 2010

refresh


well, let's talk about it.
this boy is amazing.
i just got back from a 3 day stay with him and...
i am in love.

shall we rewind a little bit??
i've been spoiled rotten. three weekends in a row i have been out of town. wait.. let me rephrase. 3 weekends in a row i have been out of town childless. i know... i told you i was spoiled.

re-cap:
first my darling husband whisked me off for a birthday trip to vegas. after a weekend full of shopping, eating, sleeping, and massages i came home for a mere 4 days, only to leave again the following thursday for st.george. my sisters and mom had a sewing weekend and it was fabulous. a bit of a whirlwind.. but so, so fun. we stayed at robyn's awesomest in-laws home (thanks you Mitchells) , that came equipped with pool and hot tub. it was lovely. we stayed up {way too} late sewing, talking, laughing, and eating. doesn't that sound sublime?? it was.. so much so that i only took two pictures..


at least it was documented.
i will {eventually} take pictures of my darlings in their new home-made creations.
stay tuned.

AND then...
he was born.

monday march 22, 2010.
is he perfect, or is he perfect???

my ever so ah-maz-ing hub let me leave yet again to go visit this little man and his mama.
he is divine.
i spent nearly 3 days squishing his little face off.. and fine... he made me just the teeny, tinest baby hungry :) .
i love other people's newborns. paige is this incredible mama, who somehow is handling the whole new-mother thing like a pro. it makes me just a little jealous.. because i know 1 week in with both girls i was everything short of a disaster. but no surprises there really.. we all knew she was going to rock the whole motherhood thing.


and so now i am home.
it feels nice, and i really missed my family. i feel rejuvenated, and loved, and very blessed.
dustin gets husband of the year award. he {mostly} happily sent me off two weekends in a row, and fended for himself. both weekends he cleaned the house from top to bottom, kept up with laundry, took the girls on outings to the aquarium, jungle jims, McDonalds, and park, AND dealt with their stomach flu this past weekend.
he is my hero.. and fine.. is putting me to shame just a bit.
love you my man.

hope you all are enjoying brig as much as i do.
he is delicious.

xoxo,
brooke

13 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful shots of this beautiful boy! And yes, Dustin gets the good daddy award! It's been fun to be with you both weekends. We miss you. Hugs to your girlsies. XOXOXO

kennan said...

a few things.....

you are a spoiled brat.

brig needs to be in utah.

your girls like me better than you.

i can't wait for bear lake.

can i get you a sprite?

hanna andersson skull caps are the best invention ever.

when are you taking greta's pictures?


see you tomorrow....

Nicole said...

Dustin?!? WOW, I'm truly impressed! I always knew he was a great dad... but the clean house and laundry too! Way to go Cuz!
Brooke, you are a lucky girl! :) Those trips sound great- I am a tiny bit jealous!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Gil wants to say that he loves him. Gwyn says he's is the best baby she has ever seen....until ours is born. She also wants you to know that we all really like him already.

I think he is delicious and can't wait to love on him. Wonderful pictures Brooke....can't wait for you to take mine of our baby....

Love you and glad one of those weekends I got to spend time with you!

Dustin, you are the best. Three weekends would have killed Bob.

Amanda Lewis said...

I am seriously so jealous of you and all your cute sisters. I wanna be your friend!!! :) You guys seem like you have such a fun time together...

Your new nephew is adorable - and the skull cap is amazing!

Unknown said...

except... good job dustin!
aaaand... next time talk to aaron and let me go with brooke on three consecutive weekends in a row childless! {let's face it i'm turning into psycho mom and need a break from my wee-man!}

Bob said...

Did my wife just say that Dustin put me to shame these weekends? WTF?

the holmans said...

brooke love your blog, since you are my daughters idol... you are lucky, but so is dustine you are an amazing lady,worthy of Sage's worship. I love the pic's

Mrs. Blimes said...

Lucky lady! My baby boy is spending his first night away from us this weekend and Im excited/nervous/scared... just about every feeling! Anyway, lil Brig is absolutely YUMMY!!! And the pics of him are so cute! Good job!

Nate and Paige said...

Sister sister... I am so glad you came out. You had a calming effect on me that made me feel like I could take care of a little man. I think the picture of you, mom, me, brig, and nate in bed trying to help me figure out nursing will always be remembered in my mind ha.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.
I was quite sad when I thought I would have to find someone else to do them for me. Thank you Dustin and girls for giving me your momma for a few days. LOVE LOVE you all and wish you were closer!

Laura Stringham said...

Can I just say that I'm really glad that Dustin watched your girls alone for 2 weekends in a row because now I can point out to my husband that in the going on six years since my oldest was born, I've only ever had one night alone. Serious. It isn't right. Mamma's getting a little crazy.

You should know that your photos of the little guy are beautiful.

Welcome home. Let's do lunch. Whaddaya say? Tomorrow? McDonald's? 11:30ish? See you there.

Lucky to be the mom said...

He is beautiful! Some how I feel gipped that I don't know you and Paige...which is silly since I only knew your siblings as children, but still.

You're right, Dustin DOES get husband/dad of the year! What a man you have!

Thanks for the photos and so generously sharing :)

tiff and chris johnson said...

WHAAAATTT??? I'm mad- A. because your husband really is man of the year and b. that is the cutest freaking newborn i've ever seen. THey don't come out looking perfect? At first they look like cutie alien babies and then they look perfect. MAD-tell peege congrats and I'm upset. I'm in compliance with Angela's request-please could Dust talk to my husband and tell him one night alone-ahem even 3 is not the end of the world? xoxo