Sunday, July 03, 2011

my girl


DSC_0093

this day four years ago i could have never expected you. the amazing, wonderful, silly-crazy you. i sat in labor that hot july day and foolishly thought i knew what this was all about.. what you were all about. i labored for 20 hours, and pushed for over two. i was beyond exhausted and so ready to give up. your heart rate was racing and the doctor told me i had to push harder. i found strength i never knew i had.. and then you were there. you were pink the moment you entered this world. you took a minute to cry, and when you finally did i was undone. my life changed forever in that moment. you gave me meaning, you gave me purpose, and mostly you gave me joy. times aren't always smooth. you also know how to give me grief.. but at the end of every day all i can ever think of is the pink, happy, beautiful you. my minie christine, you are forever and ever my heart. i love you baby girl. happy birthday.

xo
mama

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Minie-Moo, what a sweetheart. I will always treasure the week I got to tend her, thanks for trusting me with your girl!!

Pam said...

MOst amazing little 4 year old red-head in the world. Couln't love this little lady more! Can't wait for the party update. XOXOXO