Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July

This post is going to be a photo over load because I have a major issue with putting my camera away...
none the less, the 4th was a whirl wind blast of activites, and yes you all get to join in on our festivites. Count yourselves blessed.
.

We started out the day at the ripe hour of 5 am.

It has been tradition on my side to go to the hot air balloons every year, and even though it's painful to wake up so early on a holiday, it is something I love to do. All of my siblings (even the out of towners) come to attened the occasion, and rarely is one of us not there. My parents drug us there year after yer, and I suppose it just stuck.. we are now all fully committed 4th of July ballooners.

So there ya have it.




After the balloons we all usually head back to my parents for their neighborhood parade. This parade is one to be reckoned with. Between the menopausal drill team, and children on crepe paper draped bicycles, you have a true winner.
Sere... you might want to make it a priority next year to attend.
just consider it.
.

Miranda and Asher are my brother's kids... they are our california babies, and we don't see them enough. Miranda is Minie's peronal babysitter, and Minsie couldn't love her more... I couldn't either :)
.

Ash was just too tired after the early morning, and then some how didn't manage a single nap all day. The results were a little brutal...
*personal note: this child needs sleep.
.

We then carried on the fesitivities to the Jackson's for a bar-b-que and fireworks. Dinner was yum, and Minie has never been more afraid than she was during the firework display... somehow we still kept lighting them off..





So, are you all tired yet?
....
as you can see,
so were we.
Happy 4th!


5 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

Brooke, I love love love your photography, but your NEVER in any of the pictures! I want to see my Brooke please. You pregnant thing you

The Magic Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast on the 4th and I don't think that Minie could have looked any cuter!

Leslie said...

Thanks for catching a couple of pictures of us since Cam and I were too lazy to document the festivities for ourselves. Hope you enjoy reliving hours of fireworks in Dustin's very thorough home video.

Pam said...

What a great day! Minie is destined to think the celebration is just an extension of her birthday...so she will always love it!

Kimberly Robinson said...

Hey again! It looks like we both have babies who've just turned one! Luke was actually due on the 4th of July but I got induced on the 29th. Happy Bday Minie!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog! It was fun to hear from you! If you want I can email you info on the photography workshop I went to at kimberlyfrobinson@yahoo.com. It was amazing. Two stay at home LDS moms who do the most beautiful work are best friends and put the workshops on together. It's called Picture Life. Anyway, email me and I can send you their contact info. if you'd like. Take care!