Wednesday, July 16, 2008

just life..

.
things have been so busy lately.
nothing too out of control, just busy...
just life i suppose.
it was rainy today, i was cooking dinner in a crock-pot, and the wind was rattling the front door like it almost constanty does from the months of october to april. for the slightest moment i looked outside and it felt like fall... like the cold. i smiled, because to me nothing is more comforting. cozy house, warm dinner, and stormy weather. however, the moment was fleeting and within minutes i was in a panic... cold will be here soon, and with it, our new daughter.
where is time going?? i often completley forget i am even pregnant, and moments like today scare me to no end.
it's not that i don't know the baby is coming, or not even that i am ready for her (which i'm not). i guess i just hate feeling like i am missing out on my own life. it is all the sudden on fast forward.. weeks seem like minutes, and time is all some how shorter, smaller, quicker.
.
perhaps this is what spurred the photo above.
i love it.
it is just life... just my minie. and i will remember today.
the day i rushed. the day dustin was still annoyingly sick. the day minie cut her gum on her sippie, resulting in a suprising ammount of blood, naturally resulting in her second bath of the day.
and the day she still would give me this after all that.
i love how she is so well-natured.
i love how she looks just like her daddy.
i love how she loves mommy.
i love her.
.
just for this moment time was stopped.
i love that.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Lucky girl...you realize the moments count so early in your life. It's the journey, not the destination that's important! What a delightful baby girl you have and what a delight you have always been to me. I love you...and her!! XOXO

Laura Muir said...

Brooke,

That might be one of the sweetest things that I have ever read! What a good and loving mommy you are!
Love, Laura

Nate and Paige said...

i can't think of a happier time in life for you... i feel the same way about time flying by but for me i can't wait for the time to pass and be some place else. Maybe we need a family :)

kennan said...

dustin is annoyingly sick? weird. i think the time is flying by because you haven't seen me in a few days. i miss you.

The Magic Family said...

What a cute picture! I'm sure I say that every time I comment, but it's only because you take such awesome pictures! Have a blast this weekend!

Stephanie said...

brooke- you should write a novel or something. You are beautiful with words. You speak very eloquently and it is refreshing! I love those moments you are talking about. call me sometime xoxo

Emily said...

Brooke, I love all your impromptu shots of minie! I think I have never heard you say one negative thing about being a mom and the "hardships" of motherhood. You so obviously overflow with joy and love for Minie. I know and you know also the how difficult it can be to get pregnant and thus, the gratitude for our children is something that I see you truly cherish. I can really appreciate that. I love reading your blog for that reason. It's not always easy but you really seem to cherish every moment...i love that! Can't wait to welcome your new little one to the Schaar Clan...another girl...yay!

beccandjp said...

brook, hey its Becca (smith), Just wanted to tell ya that you have the most beautiful blog I have ever seen, you photography is AMAZing!!! You little girl is beautiful!

tiff and chris johnson said...

oh my gosh brooklyn this photo of mins makes me want to cry! She is so beautiful and is getting so so big! I bet you are dying just thinking about another little one-i'm so so happy for you. Our girls will be right next to each other so they'll have to play for sure! :-) Keep in touch love. I love hearing about your perfect little life and all it has to offer. You make having children sound so much fun and it gets me more and more excited! Love you xoxo