Friday, July 04, 2008

birthday girl

my sweey pea's day was truly wonderful.
she had a extrodinaire birthday bash, and i'm pretty sure she has never partaken of more sugar... infact i'm pretty sure very few have.
oh well... you are only 1 once.
.

we started out the day with presents and a birthday breakfast at home with mommy and daddy... a quick photo shoot too of course.

after breakfast and a nap, we headed down to nannie's for the party.

this picture is featured here for no other reason than to document her damn cake. i ordered this for her a few days in advance and in a flustered, senseless moment forgot to ask the final price on such extravagance. long story short, $100, and an intense argument with dustin and the bakery later, we ended up with this very expensive, and very non-refundable pastry.

**SIGH**... nothing but the best for miss mins

(note: it was immensely tasty however...)

despite the curve ball of the gold plated cake, her party was a smash.
the whole fam was in town to join in on the festivities, and really, minie just enjoyed her afternoon.
.









i love this girl to pieces... a million times over again.
happy birthday moodles :)


12 comments:

Pam said...

This was a birthday bash to be reckoned with! Your pictures don't do the party justice but...your pictures of Minsie are amazing! What a great day and what an amazing 1 yr. old! Just love her...that's all!! XOXOXO

Alice said...

Brooke,
The party was a premier bash indeed! A first birthday party to be remembered! The look on minie's face with the diet coke is my favorite. This look is known as the "Dust Devil Look" I've said it once and I will say it again. You are in for it!
You and Dustin are great parents!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Mins! I can't believe she is one! I think the cake looks perfect...almost too good (and expensive?) to eat! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gets in trouble for those sorts of things. :)

Kami Satterlee said...

How is Minie one year old now and I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER!!! Can we just stop being bad friends already and plan a damn date? Seriously, I'm prego and emotional and I need some old friends. Ps-your pictures are soooo beautiful, if I tell you in advance will you take pictures of this hot fat ass when i'm 8 months or so?

Laura Stringham said...

So cute! I love the story about the cake. You'll never forget it and neither will Dustin!

Nate and Paige said...

It looks like everything turned out perfect! I wish I just would have driven home... I missed all the festivities. love you guys!

Stacey Sargent said...

you always have her dressed to impress. i love love love it!

The Magic Family said...

Minie is so lucky! Hallie's 1st birthday was NOTHING in compairison! I'm sure that shen she looks back at those pictures, she will know how loved she is! Way to go Brooke and Dustin! Parents of the year for sure!

Darcie said...

Happy Birthday to Minie! I just LOOOVE one-year-birthday parties! And for the record, I love that cake!

Leslie said...

Minie was a cute birthday girl. Thanks for inviting us for birthday fun. Ben had a great time playing in the water.

Unknown said...

What a smash hit your party was. You are so awesome Brooke. Gabi had a wonderful time. Great party

Wade and Cami White said...

Oh Minsie we are so sorry we missed your 1st Birthday. We were in New Port Beach. New Port Beach? Or miss Minsie's B-day. Sorry sweet pea...Happy Birthday love the White's.