Monday, March 02, 2009

Procrastination is my name...

i hate having a time line. for anything.
editing photos, play dates, date dates, church, blogging, reading, errand running, going to bed, waking up, laundry washing, laundry folding, laundry in general... life in general.
you get the idea...
at the risk of sounding hidouesly unorganized, i am going to admitt that i hate feeling like i am on any type of schedule.
seriously, it doesn't matter what the limit is, what wonderous layed out plans i might have, or who is giving the orders... i will drag it out to the distasteful bitter, bitter end. the problem
(besides the obvious problem itself) is that i am extremely aware of my ailment. i forsee my self inflicted grief and gnashing of teeth in the near distance, yet somehow i can't change my procrastinating ways. what do i do? i've come to realize that some how i operate and accomplish things in a very backward odrer. FOR EXAMPLE: in order to avoid editing photos, i blog... in order to avoid posting on the blog, i edit photos. i wash laundry to dodge unloading the dishwasher, and vice versa... the list goes on and on. this whole shinanigan has me feeling a bit down lately. i just feel like my life has too much darn nothing going on, and all that "nothing" has me so crazy busy i can't get a real hold of it all. like i am reaching so hard for my own life, that i am missing the mark completely.
is this making sense?? maybe not... but as i said, some how it all gets done.
either way, it's exhausting.

i probably need some type of therapy. most likley.

HOWEVER, in order to save some dignity i have to say that the girls do remain on a nice schedule with naps, and stories, and baths, and even the occasional meal.
see.. so i definately have some redeaming qualities. i even cloth diapered minie for about 3 months.. that was interersting, and NOBLE.
..
..
anyway.
just some thoughts...

4 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

i SO feel your pain. if there's anything that i have to do, i won't do it, even if it was a self imposed task. i am the ultimate rebel without a cause. don't even get me started on lists, which, i am sure, are a creation of the devil himself.
i love making my hair stuff, but if i have to get ready for a show, or an order, i'll put it off as long as i possibly can.
so basically, my life is directed entirely by the only things i can't plan, my whims.
if you come up with anything to help, let me know because i am in dire need.

Anonymous said...

Wow Brooke, I have a son like you...I've never understood it. I am so RIDICULOUSLY task oriented! Maybe we should collide!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and he's had LOTS and LOTS of therapy...

Pam said...

Amazing that your house is always clean, your children always impeccable, you have a business, a husband working and in school and you NEVER seem stressed. I think I need to take lessons from you! XOXOXO