Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A little scare


Of course.


Yesterday we had a bit of a scare. I had a busy day on Sunday, and by Sunday night I was a swollen sausage from the days activities. Before I went to bed I noticed some spotting, but shrugged it off. Long story short, Monday morning into the afternoon I was still spotting, and to accompany that there was now cramping. After a call to my OB, I was told to head straight to L&D to be checked out. I was freaked of course, but did as I was told.

Once Dust and I got there I was hooked up to the monitors and watched for about 3 1/2-4 hours. Initially all was good, but after a cervical check that showed my cervix was already thinning (50% effaced for all you women reading this) and some minor contractions it was decided I needed a shot of Terbutaline to stop the contractions. The Terbutaline did the trick and after being monitored for about another hour or so I was told I could go home, and I am now on "moderate" bed rest. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that means, but definately taking it more easy. My OB is supposed to give me further guidance at my appointment tomorrow. So we'll see what happens...

All in all, it pretty much freaked me out, and I am now in major panick mode to get everything done for baby. I thought I had all this time.. which I probably still do, but really 7 weeks isn't much. It will be here before I know it!
Keep praying that this little one stays put for at least another month, and Dust and I can prepare a little more. Heavens knows we need it!

3 comments:

kennan said...

minerva..............STAY PUT!!!!!

Darcie said...

So, I've been so eagerly waiting for another post, and when it finally came, it was a scary one! Glad you are okay. Tell Dukie he's still a man to me.

Amy said...

I say take this as an excuse to watch movies, sleep & RELAX! You'll be glad you did once baby comes. You're in our prayers!!!