Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Remembering









This past weekend Dustin and I had the opportunity to go visit the graves of family members. We visited both Dust's Grandpa's and I must say it was a little bitter-sweet for me. Dustin was extremely close to both of his grandfathers. He loved them both so much, and I hate the fact that I never got to meet them.
His Grandpa Schaar is a legend in his family. He was probably the world's number 1 grandpa in many ways, and the just the ideal grandparent. I am often almost envious of the stories I hear because I myself never really "met" my own grandfathers. They both died so young, and I have always wanted those grandpa stories that the Jackson's/Schaar's all hold so close. But... although Ken has passed he still holds a very stong spirit among his family. I may have never met him but I feel like I do know him in a sense, and Dustin is wonderful and let's me share his own Grandpa/Grandchild memories with him. The patriarchs of our family's may both not be here, but I am almost 100% postive that they will ALWAYS hold a huge role in our new little family's life.
So here is to remembering and cherishing...
(Sorry I didn't have a picture of Don, or my two grandpas around. Something we definately need to fix!)

3 comments:

Darcie said...

sweet and tender. i love grandpas!

Amy said...

Ahhh! Loved this post. Grandpa Schaar was the best! Just think he's probably hanging with your little girl making sure she gets down here safe.

good on ya!

Anonymous said...

Brooke-C I love you! And I'm sorry I'm late on getting updated on your Blog! How sweet that you made the effort to visit both of Dustin's Grandpa's! The picture of my Dad is just how I remember him at Bearlake-ALWAYS working and loving every minute of it. I KNOW that he is with your daughter right now giving her all of his instructions! Machsnell!
Love Alice