Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not so great update

I just wanted to post a quick update on my poor Dustin.
.
Last night he took a turn for the worse, and he had to make yet another trip to the ER this morning. Alice took him because I had to stay with the babies, and I hated every second of that. He was in a bad way he finally made it back up to LDS hospital, and once they took his vitals his oxygen saturation level was only at 50. Alice said everyone on staff were all really concerned, rushing to get him stable, and after having a CT of his lungs, he was placed in ICU.

They don't know for sure what is wrong. He is still in the ICU and probably will be for the next day or so. They are not sure that it is actually pneumonia, but couldn't do further testing today because he is just too sick, and is requiring too much oxygen.

I am scared beyond reason, and have a constant knot in my stomach. Seeing my husband.. the father of my babies hooked up to so many machines, and feeling so weak, is a terribly frightening thing.

So far we don't know much... The doctors just keep saying that he is really, really sick. They are going to attempt more tests tomorrow when he is hopefully doing better.

My poor husband... he needs our prayers. I will keep giving updates as I know more.

14 comments:

Amy said...

My mom emailed us all last night with the news of the return trip to the ER & I just finished reading all the posts!!! We will definitely keep you & Dust in our prayers!

We love you!!!

Eileen said...

You know we are standing by if you need anything and will continue to pray for Dustin. Love you, E

Allison Slater Tate said...

Brooke, I am thinking of you and your family today. I am so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for y'all! That Dustin will receive proper care, that you'll have the strength and stamina and that the girls will be unaffected by the incredible stress you're under.
Hang in there Brooke!
Love,
Denise

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for you and dustin!
We will keep him in our prayers for sure. Keep us updated!

Emily Redd said...

Brooke, my prayers are with you! PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if I can help with the babies. i am just home with the twins anyway so just call me. I was so worried I didn't even sleep last night. Give Dust our love xoxoxoxo love ya!

Darcie said...

I'm so sorry Brooke! I'll keep Dustin in my prayers.

farmgirl said...

We are down here getting St. George updates via Robyn...hang in there. I'm thinking of you and your little family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! That is terrible. I hope that everything goes alright. If you need a babysitter, I am at your beck and call. Good luck.

Stacey Sargent said...

oh brooke. im so sorry. i hope everything will be okay. dustin, and you, will be in our prayers. we love you!

Nicole said...

We love you guys and are thinking of you! PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do.... I feel so helpless! I hope they can get him feeling better QUICK! Don't forget to take care of yourself too- I know you don't feel like it, but the girls need you!

Harmony said...

you probably dont remember me but i heard what happened and i just want you to know we will be praying for you too.

Vanessa said...

Hey Brooke, I'm just so sorry and scared for you and your little Family, you guys are in prayers...
I was checking on some of my friends blog, and because you're into photography I though you may like to see that http://brianandrobyn.blogspot.com/... I hope that that picture may brighten your day at least a tiny bit... ;)

Darcie said...

Brooke... how about some more updates on Dustin? I've heard a little from Alice, but need to know more! Hope you're good.