Saturday, July 25, 2009

feeling better

tonight i feel better.

because i slept..
and slept,
and slept!
perhaps it was all the well wishing,
or the tubes,
or the minor (fine, major) detail that the babes weren't in bed till midnight..
but last night sleep was had.
 all. night. long.
clear till 9:00 AM this morning.

hallelujah!

and even more,
 i took a morning nap with the girls.
i feel like a new woman.

i'm not so naive to believe my luck could run two nights in a row,
but a gal can wish,
 right?


i can't thank you all enough for your comments.
you can bet your bottom dollar that i will attempt any and all the advice given.
truly, i would do almost anything to have a repeat of last night.

oh, to feel human!
it is not overrated.

i have the slightest nudge that this drastic change in behavior has something to do with Poppy's new tubes.

i was worried,
why?

the whole procedure from prep to recovery took a matter of 30 minutes.
the staff was wooed by those darn eyes of her, and i'm sure that scored
her some points in the care department :). our little sissy breezed through 10 minutes of surgery, and was back in my arms before i could even finish my blog checking for the day.

although coming off the anesthesia was hard on her, after a good long nap, and some serious mama cuddles she was fit as a fiddle by the afternoon.
she even made a trip to target
:)

some how,
some way,
like a new little gift every day,

i am all over in love with this girl..

can you really blame me??

9 comments:

Bethany said...

YAY!! I read your last post but didn't have time to respond like I wanted to at the time and never made it back! Hang in there!!

SO glad you got some sleep! We have been blessed with good sleepers, but those rare nights when I have trouble getting some good Z's, I know how exhausting the next day is!

Glad Poppy made it through her tubes and all went well!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went well!! Coming out of the anesthesia is seriously terrible. But, your life is going to be SO much better!!

Leslie said...

Looks like she went into surgery in style. I envy your full night of sleep. Maybe someday . . . .

Pam said...

She is just TOO yummy! XOXO

Nicole said...

Poppy is so darn cute! I am late on the advice (as usual) but at 8 months I would think she could sleep through the night without nursing/eating? (not without some crying at first!) That way you could get Dustin's help without having to stop nursing altogether. I doubt she really needs the extra "meal", she may just be stuck in a routine. Here is what I figure... just four more months of nursing and you could just skip the bottle! That's what I did with all three of my boys. I loved not having to mess with bottle stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah for sleep and modern medicine!
I'm glad you're having better days...you're doing a great job with those adorable little girls :)

Amanda Lewis said...

Brooke! I am so happy to hear you are on the mend and your baby girl is just too pretty.

That's all : )

Heather Lee said...

I'm so glad everything went well! And that you got some sleep. I love it when you comment on my blog because it's always something nice. But, just so you are aware, I have NEVER seen even one single glance of you or your kiddies looking anything less than on the cutting edge of fashion. I mean, what baby looks perfectly put together in a hospital gown? You are amazing. Plus, I love reading your blog. You have so much personality. I told Kennan and I'll tell you, next time you go to the pool or the beaches of utah...I'm in!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going better for you guys!

In response to your comment on my photo blog.. Jazzie's mom found me from the other girl whose bridals I did and turns out Jazzie's fiance, Ryan, went to school with my husband! Soooo strange how Utah works like that. I'm still getting used to it. But I totally loved her, she's way cute. I'm doing her bridals when I get back from Chicago, I'm so excited... She's beautiful.