Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy 4th

PHEW.
 this weekend.
what a doozy...
48 hours packed full of family, food, parading
fireworks, laughing, and did i mention eating?

well... we are certainly 
TINERD.

oh how i love this summer holiday.

i love dressing in red,white and blue...

even though i can't get a decent shot of them matching together..

*sigh*

my parents neighborhood parade brings it...
especially when THIS transpires.


i love how hot is always is..

and how smooshy this one never ceases to be.

fireworks
i. love. you.
that smell.. 
the smokiness that sort-of settles over the valley.

oh.. i love that.


there is really just nothing NOT to love.

last weekend.. 
i miss you.

hope your 4th found you as happy as it found our little family's.



BUT


let's be truthful here.

 i am officially exhausted.

i am not going to pretend that throwing a 
birthday bash doesn't exhaust me,
nor does staying up with a sick baby.

nope..

i will willingly admit that proofing the 
weekends photos has me worn out, 
as well as all this blogging.

i am looking forward to lazy days at the pool,
afternoon naps with the girls,
 late dinners with my NOW school free hub.
and a long weekend up to Bear Lake.



but i do feel quite pleased with myself...
i am all caught up

:)

HOOray!


9 comments:

Pam said...

ADORABLE!! Now take a few days off, will you??? XOXO

Letti said...

Great pictures. I t sounds like you need a few days off. Relax :)

Laura Muir said...

Hey there Brooke! Thanks for the invite to the fab party for minie! I am so sorry that we couldnt make it!!!! Laney would have loved to have been there, and me too! I hope it was awesome for you! I love birthdays but you have got to be exhausted! I know when I did Laney's first bday it was so much dang work(but totally fun). Ok, I must say, when I read your blog it makes me think I never do enough cute things for Elena. How do you have time to sew all that you do on top of all the other amazingly creative and adoreable things that you are always doing??? I feel like a loser mom when I see all that you acomplish! Second of all I need to know where you are finding your patterns for clothes because I really have been looking hard for patterns and am only coming up with semi lame patterns!!! I really want to know where you found them so will you call me when you have a chance or email me? Love Laura loolamuir@msn.com

kennan said...

10,000 promises. what a lie.... you and i.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Love the pics as always! And Minie and Poppy's outfits are adorable! I need one in my size - or a skirt version :)

Tiffany said...

Those outfits are two cute - I love them... Did yall make them?!

Tiffany said...

I can spell, fear not. 'Too Cute' is what I meant ;)

andrea said...

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous dresses (seriously???), gorgeous girls. Your blog is like eye candy. And as I am about to order a new sewing machine...is costing me a small fortune. Thank you.

The Sieverts said...

Honestly! I have never seen girls dressed so cute? did you sew that outfit too? I'm impressed. Your photography is pnenonimal sp?