Thursday, July 02, 2009

"Our house is a very very fine (*small) house..."

so dustin and i live in an extremely small town home located on the wrong side of town. :)

we actually love it.. 
minus the no yard business our little fish guts has been the perfect first home. 
i have brought my two girlies from the hospital to this house and it will forever be the breaking ground of where i became a woman, a mother, and a wife.

but 
if we are being honest,
in all my hopes and plans for this little home,
 i never envisioned 1/3 of the house and furniture consisting of nursery.

it still takes me by surprise as i walk by those two doors so very close to one another and peak in at not one, but two full blown nurseries in my tiny second floor. 
our space is cramped, we have become experts on organizing (read stuffing) our junk in every which nook and cranny.  every day i tell dustin it's time to move. but i do love this townhome, and my heart hurts a little when i think of leaving it behind. especially the girls rooms. 

i have had a request from Jenna to post some pictures of the little ladies domain, so without further ado.. here they are:


minie is all about dots. 
i think of her..
 i think dots.
as she was in my belly that is all i could see when i thought of her, and when we moved in 5 weeks before she was born, those big red dots were the first thing i painted.
who knows what came first?  the chicken or the egg,
but none the less, polka dots will always be her thing.

poppy's room is a little more eclectic. i am not really finished decorating it.. and probably never will get around to finishing it... *sigh*.
but i am just dying for some of these 
gorgeous prints to put up when that lovely little lady
 is back from her maternity leave. 
so we shall see..

and this has nothing to do with the rooms.. 
just the adorable girls who inhabit them.
i loved this photo,
it just feels like sisters to me, 
which really just makes me melt and feel all gooey inside.

isn't her name cute?
wouldn't you love to be named Poppy?
i will always love her name.

so there you have it.
these were all taken spur of the moment.
upon pulling them up on the computer i realized
 how messy and disorganized my house really looks.
oh well... what can you do?
it's real.

so goodnight...
it is almost officially a really big day in our home
:)


and 
hooray for the giveaway winner tomorrow!
stay tuned!

8 comments:

Allison Slater Tate said...

I love your blog banner. Is it new?

I love the girls' rooms! Thank you for posting them. I am living vicariously through you and I just love them. So girly. I had two nurseries at once too at one point, and it did seem a little overwhelming, but it was a special time in my life. Two babies.

And yes, I would love to be named Poppy. It suits her completely.

We have a small house too. It's one huge toy box. Sigh.

Letti said...

I alos live in a small house but I love it. YEs I would love to move into a big house where everyone had tehir own rooms but living in Southern California I would have to live in the boonies to get one. I am expecting #6 We will have 3 and 3 so each room is full. I am constantly on the lookout of ways to make their rooms a little more roomy.

I love both of your girls names they make me smile :) I also love how you have decorated the rooms so bright and cheerful.

Amanda Lewis said...

Brooke I LOVE the rooms! How girly and fun they are!

When it's time for me to have a Lewis baby I am totally emailing you for websites, stores, etc. you have used for decorating ideas, fabrics, paints, furniture, etc.

And I LOVE Minie's dots. SO CUTE!

andrea said...

so maybe I got on the computer early this morning just to see more of Minie's birthday pics...

what a pleasant surprise this was! You know I love the polka dots and I agree...they suit Miss Mins very well. I have never see Poppy's room. It's divine. Of course.

Our first house was teeny, tiny. But oh so cozy. I drive past it all the time with the fondest of memories. I brought my first babies home (and had two nurseries) there as well. It was hard to leave.

Please, please let me someday be in charge of raising sisters...

OK. that's all. I am waiting for the bday post.

kennan said...

you make my house feel ugly.

thanks.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I'm loving the crib bumper in the last pic! Did you make it?

haley said...

so adorable! the girls rooms are so cute! i have always loved the name poppy and always wanted a girl named olive and a girl named poppy. love. it. when i heard minies name i about died with adoration of it. you have 2 of the cutest girls ever. im with you on the small town home thing. we live in a small town home in daybreak. love it but yes.. need a yard very soon. we do have the beach though. gotta love that. we all need to do a barbecue soon. lets figure something out. well.. happy birthday minie! you are gorgeous. hope your day is lovely.

amandanbo said...

you are so talented! the girls rooms are so adorable and i can't believe you made those incredible bumpers (i am especially in love with poppy's)...way too cute...i'm off to the fabric store today my friend! crossing my fingers i find something wonderful & perfect...thanks for the advice!
sooooo wishing you lived closer...would love to have you along on a fabric shopping trip...you have such a wonderful eye!
~a