Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Baby Blues


So it's been a while since I've posted, and for that I apologize. I've had many family members asking me to update, so for you people.. I finally did it! I've had a bit of a rough time adjusting to our new life, but I am happy and confident to say I am feeling MUCH better now.. So hopefully this blog will stay updated :)


Let's be honest..having a baby is hard. I love my Minie girl more than anything in the world, but these past 3 weeks have been crazy. I've had way too many break downs to keep count, and I've never doubted myself more. Being a parent is huge. I knew going into this that it would be the biggest thing I have ever done, but really how can you fully comprehend that? It's been a little hard for me to get into the groove of being this sweet baby girl's everything. Without me or Dustin she couldn't survive. Now I know up front that concept sounds silly and very elementry, but for me it has been really hard to grasp.. I guess hard is the wrong word.. terrifying is better. We wanted this little sugar bean so bad, and now that she's here I am scared to death I am going to mess up some how.. a feeling I think I will carry around for the rest of my life. That coupled with my plumeting hormones has had me a bit down... oh that, and the immense lack of sleep (how my body functions on 2 hour intervals of sleep that hardly ever equal over 5 is a mystery to me). Most every one I know who has had a baby didn't show this side to me. They all seemed to glide into motherhood so easily and naturally. I guess I may be one of the few who have struggled a bit more, but I have to say week 3 has proved to be much better. Minie is getting into more of a schedule, and I am figuring out more how to handle life as her Mom.


I don't mean for this post to seem like a downer. My life really is blissfully happy... difficult at times, but more gratifying than anything else I can imagine. And I must say again, no matter how tired, scared, or uncertain I may feel that little tootse on the top of this post makes it all worth it. We are a family now... crazy, isn't it?

8 comments:

Nate and Paige said...

If YOU feel like this with a baby I can say good bye to mothering.... I've never known anyone with more natural maternal skills. Even mom said so and she's the boss of the world.

Pam said...

Baby blues is part of the scheme...you just never realized EVERYONE has them. Trust me...it's mostly the lack of sleep (with a little hormone thrown in) You are a stellar Mommy!!! How lucky Minie is to have you.

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I would like to eat her.....she is chubbin up.

Amy said...

We all have our sobbing-on-the-bathroom-floor moments as I so fondly refer to them! Don't worry about it & just give yourself a break. It is a funny & sometimes weird adjustment...even now I wonder sometimes how I got to this point. It's not a mistake that they come out so dang cute & Minie definitely isn't lacking in the department!

For the record...I do remember week 3 being a breaking point for me...and by week 7 or 8 I felt like a whole new woman! Hang in there!!

Darcie said...

oh the memories this post brought back for me! Poor Ryan, he couldn't say anything to me without it making me cry. It took me until 2 months to feel kinda normal again. It looks like you're right on schedule!

kennan said...

do you hate minie? why dont you make more posts. i hate you for not posting enought pictures of jude's best friend.....

p.s. see you tomorrow

Unknown said...

HI!
I am in the middle of updating my blog,and I haven't gotten to the contact info yet - oops! Anyway, have her call me at 864-2801
Thanks girl!

Anonymous said...

How about a little update?????