Friday, July 06, 2007

The Journey...

It was long, unfathomable, uncomfortable, exciting, terrifying, and incredible all at the same time. As Dust posted earlier this week, Tuesday morning we headed off to have a baby. I wanted to make a seperate post just of the preliminarys because what came after deserves a million posts all dedicated to just her.
Labor was long... 21 hours from start to finish. My body is still in shock from what labor took out of it. I'm still not sure it's "natural" for a human body to push another human being out of itself for nearly 2 hours.. it was exhausting and by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do...but as cliche as it sounds, it was all so worth it.
We had awesome support all day from my Mom, Kennan, Alice, Dad, and Steve. Dustin has been my life saver and hasn't left my side. I can't believe we've done this!







1 comment:

Kami Satterlee said...

Oh and pretty sure you look hotter than ever in this last pic. What the hell brooke!? Where is the fat on your face and the lazy eyes, and the DISASTER LIKE THE REST OF US! You perfect bitch I love you