Friday, November 02, 2007

Minie Mouse and more....

Some how this year for Halloween my picture taking took a back seat. I think it had something to do with the fact that I had a child participating in the events.. I don't know. But please do forgive my lack of pictures. These are all I've got!

The day started out with Minie and I meeting up with some friends from the ward at Gardener Villiage. It was so fun to have all the kiddies in their costumes, and very nice to get to know some of the women there a little better. Minie was a trooper about going straigt through her usual nap time, and we got MANY compliments on her costume.


Here are some of the kids dressed up. Minie is in this picture... just drowning in her stroller on the far right. So, the funny thing that kept happening to us all day is this; people would compliment on her costume and the conversation would go something like this:
.
Person: What a darling baby as Minie Mouse!
Me: Thank you, I think so.
Person: So what's her name?
Me: Minie.
Person: Oh.. ha, ha. Cute, so what's her real name?
Me: Nope, really her name is Minie. That's actually why she's dressed as Minnie Mouse.
Person: (feeling a little stupid) Oh, how cute....
.
Yeah, pretty much that happened like 6 times, and I had to chuckle to myself. How into her costume did these people think I really was? I suppose that's what I get for making things so confusing, but come on people!!

.
Mins with Nemo (Jude), and a Lady Bug (Gabi)

So when night hit, we all headed down to my parents house and had our annual murder mystery dinner. The theme was set it wine country, Napa Valley, and we all brought our A game to play. Here is Dust and I dressed up in character. My name was "Tiny Bubbles", a goody two shoes(spelling anyone?) with a liking for polka dots and bows, and Dust was " Ralph Rottengrape", a bad boy/ex-con/New York/ Italian mafia member. I don't know if that's really all his character was supposed to be, but that's all he brought to the table.
The murder mystery is always so much fun, we just all have to indulge.

Some more of our Minie Mouse.

Merm dressed as "Mama Vitto".

And Dad as "Papa Vitto", very dedicated to his role.

Finally the night was over, and Minie Mouse was tired and hungry, so bad boy Dadda had to give her a bottle and call it a night.
.
It was a wonderful day, and I must say having a baby somehow makes holidays fun and exciting all over again.
Happy Halloween everyone!!! Now on to Christmas.. I can't hadly wait!


4 comments:

Pam said...

I have a whole new love for Minnie Mouse and Disney since Halloween! And of curse Tiny Bubbles and Ralph Rottingrape were a great addition to the evening. Too bad there weren't many trick or treaters...next year it just may be my grandkids!

Amy said...

I am glad to see that you got these pictures up...I've been waiting to see her costume. It is super cute & I must say, Dustin's hairy chest grossed me out a bit!

Valerie said...

You guys look sexy! And Minie is to die for! I love how her costume is kinda sparkly!

Darcie said...

Great costumes guys! I love that Minie was Minnie for halloween. Just perfect! Good job on Dustin's hairiness. I don't know who gets credit for that makeup job . . .