Wednesday, November 14, 2007

the rumors are true....

.
**GULP**
Yep, people
we are pregnant again.
I know, I know, I KNOW! Please do not harass me over this, because I am barely coming to terms with this sudden change of events myself. No, this baby wasn't planned, no, we weren't just being stupid and carelss (I'm still not quite sure how this happened..), YES, we will now have what is known as irish twins, and yes, I am scared out of my mind how hard this is going to be!
.
It is insane.
That is the only way I can describe it. This time last year I was barely pregnant with Minie, paralyzed with the fear that I was going to lose her like I had lost two others before. I would have been thrilled to know that in a year I would have 1+ children on the way. It's so funny how things work themselves out.
Losing my first baby was the hardest thing I ever went through. I have never felt such pain, sorrow, and lonliness. My baby died inside of me because my body didn't provide adequately enough for him, and when I left that hospital after he had been scraped from me, I have never felt so empty. I was 4 months pregnant, and my world was shattered. I have always wanted to be a mother. In my eyes there is no greater job a woman can do. I begged and pleaded with the Lord to give me the chance to be a mommy. After I lost my second pregnancy, I honestly believed I might not ever be one. It was such a trial of my faith, and when we finally got to bring Minie home from the hospital, I have never been so grateful.. I couldn't stop the tears of gratitude and happiness. We truly are SO blessed.
.
I tell you all this because, this whole "oops, we're pregnant" bit, honestly is a blessing. In a way I feel like the Lord is giving me back those two sweet angels that I lost. I miscarried those two very close together, and now I get to have two to keep very close together. This whole thing is frightening! How am I going to manage? I have no idea, but one thing is clear to me
(even if it's taken some time), Heavenly Father is blessing us so richly and I cannot, and WILL not take that for granted. Minie is so incredible, and if this new little peanut is half as amazing as she is, well then we are the luckiest people in the world!
.
So here are the stats:
Baby # 2 is due June 24, 2008 (yes.. a week BEFORE minie was born)
This little baby had a very healthy HB of 153 bpm
I've been sick as a dog, and no where close to threatening a miscarriage!
.
.
Here we go baby number 2!
.
*** The picture above isn't actually of our baby. We don't have a scanner and they only gave us a print out picture of him/her. However, don't worry because that is actually an embryo at 8 weeks, and looks almost exactly like ours.. there is not much differance at this stage...

16 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh Brooke! I am so happy for you! I know it's crazy scary, I would be freaking out myself. But you are right, this happened for a reason. And just know that there are so many people that will be here for you with all the help you need! If you ever need a break, Jack would love to play with Minie! : )

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!!!! I had to read the first line like 3 times before I could believe it! Congrats! Hope you are feeling better! Hey... what's one more right????!!!

Unknown said...

PS! Paul says... way to go Dustin!:)

Pam said...

Finally...the cats out of the bag! You are the best little Mom and both your babies are sooo lucky to have you and Dustin to welcome them into the world. FYI...I'll be right here to help out!

XOXO

Kami Satterlee said...

BROOKE oh my gosh!!!! i am soooo excited I want to cry...wait, ok it's happening I"M CRYING!!! How blessed you are my friend, congrats to you 3:)

Amy said...

I've been waiting for this post...and we are so happy for you both! I think the first year will test your strength & resolve, but ultimately I think you'll love every stinkin' moment! You'll do fab...congrats!

kennan said...

hopefully you can do this again soon. you know get pregnant.

Nate and Paige said...

Alright for Irish twins! Now I think it's Kennan's turn to let the cat out of the bag... Moose, Flip?

andrea said...

brooke--that was beautiful. Congratulations. I always wanted Irish twins...lucky mama!

The Magic Family said...

I am SO excited for you! You are such a great mom already... you are going to do great! Plus, you know that you have friends in the neighborhood to help!

Laura Stringham said...

brooke, i don't know whether to laugh or cry for you. congratulations, i know you'll be amazing.

Unknown said...

Yes, That is your friends baby - you are good!:) The wings have become my #1 request!

Darcie said...

I am THRILLED Minie will have a little playmate so close to her age. Sure it will be hard at first, but so much FUN too!

Stacey Sargent said...

congrats brooke. that's super exciting. now you can have two beautiful babies

jayni & ben said...

Brooke. That is AWESOME!! I just love that you are a mom. My sister did the same thing but hers was planned. At least that is what she says. haha. She had her second child exactly 1 year and 7 days after her first. They are so much fun. You will do just fine and I am sure your family will help you out so much. Talk to you later.


-Jayni

kiley said...

Wow Brooke that is crazy. I remember talking to you at Tana's wedding and you were saying how bad you want kids and now here's your chance. You get 2 close together!